[email protected] Hung/Crashed!!

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by pprovart, Apr 21, 2007.

1. pprovart

pprovart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,
    Switched on the TV tonight and my Folding at Home had reached the and of a work job but it hadnt updated and didnt seem to be doing anything else. The world was rotating etc When i tried to "Quite Folding" i couldnt, it just brought me back to the folding screen, and i've even forced a quit by pressign the "Playstation" button on my six-axis controller and focing a QUit game. But even thats hung with a "Please wait" on screen..

Anyone else had a crash? I'm goignt o power cycle and see what happens.. probably loose my work unit and drop position in teh AV Forums table..

oh welll
    pete

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Exactly the same happened to me. the PS3 had got to the end of a work unit and was showing 100%, pressing O didn't quit and using the PS button resulted in my PS3 showing a please wait... sign for 20 mins before I decided to turn off then back on again. The PS3 beeped twice as it powered down but booted back okay. My guess is that something went screwy with the servers.

S.

3. Stinja

Stinja
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,188
    The end at Stanford gets blocked up sometimes, there was a note on their Folding news section about it.

I had the same issue once some time ago, turned off the PS3 manually at the back, turned it on again later and it still seemed to record my WU on the stats, uploaded a new one, and nothing broken.