Folding@Home - F@H Use your computer's spare processing to help find a cure.

Ah is that all? I wasn't sure if you had to apply first :) thanks!
Having "Teams" was just to encourage some friendly rivalry and competition and have a leaderboard.

Just set this up. Is it worth joining a team? If so any recommendations? Is there an AVF Team?

Mine seems to only be using my GPU and not CPU at the moment.

Hi!

We set up an AVForums F@H team back in 2007 when a client was available for PS3.

The team still exists : Team number 54579.

I've recently dug out my old desktop tower and am folding 24/7 to assist with Covid-19 research.

Come join the few of us that are still active and move AVForums team up the rankings!

Stats available here:-

Original AVF F@H thread here:-

Last edited:
I am struggling to get WUs, I think my PC just idled along for most of yesterday...

I am struggling to get WUs, I think my PC just idled along for most of yesterday...
There's a shortage of WUs at times, we're powering through them faster than they can prep them :D

I have just installed this, my PC is on most of the day with me working from home and it is only using a fraction of it's power for work tasks.

I have just installed this, my PC is on most of the day with me working from home and it is only using a fraction of it's power for work tasks.

Brilliant mate thanks for joining us.:smashin:

You may want to request a passkey here:-

This will entitle you to bonus points after you've completed 10 WU.
More info here:-

Brilliant mate thanks for joining us.:smashin:

You may want to request a passkey here:-

This will entitle you to bonus points after you've completed 10 WU.
More info here:-
Didn't know about the passkeys. Just generated one and configured the client. It now says my points are 0??? that's not right surely?

It's reset my score! WTF?

**EDIT** Just appears to be the web client that's reset my score, my culminative total appears intact :)

Get crunching peeps!

Last edited:
I've just signed up for F@H and added myself to the AVF team

Here's hoping we do some real good with this.

Mark.

I've just signed up for F@H and added myself to the AVF team

Here's hoping we do some real good with this.

Mark.
Cheers for joining in!

Have a look at post #31 to get yourself a passkey and boost your score.

Shout out if you have any questions, we'd be happy to help:smashin:

Already got a passkey, but thanks for the welcome and offer of help - hopefully it won't be needed as I've already made a start with it

Mark.

Ive loaded this back up and have been folding since last night.

I've been F@H now for a week or so and have added around 330K points to the AVF team.
It really is a load it and forget it and hopefully together we can help to find something quickly to help defeat this virus

Mark.

Congrats to Violator for flying to the top of the all time AVForums Folding@Home team stats.

An amazing contribution to the team and the research.👍

But can it run Crysis?

According to the Folding@home director, biochemist Greg Bowman, some 700,000 new Folding@home operators have joined up in recent weeks. That's a huge increase over the 30,000 people who are typically running Folding@home at any one time.

And it makes a huge difference in computing power too – the Folding@home network reached an astounding 2.4 exaFLOPs of processing power earlier this week, making it faster than the top 500 supercomputers in the world combined.

To give you some kind of idea of scale, the new Xbox One Series X console appearing this year is promising 12 teraFLOPs of graphics processing power, and you need a million teraflops to make up an exaFLOP.

1588932693414.png

I have been running this for a few weeks now on the AVF team :thumbsup:

Well I'm on around 1.5 million points now, so just one question

How do I convert them into cash?

Mark. :D

Go to Cash Converter.

Bump. We only seem to have 8 people in the AVForums team producing, we're getting overtaken on an hourly basis. For the competitive sorts, it's something to aim for. Use your PC for something it's good at!

I'm on 24.5 million. It's easy, just run and forget. It's for a very good cause.

I run it at medium.

I'm at 2.2m points after just a couple of weeks running on medium so able to do anything else while folding without the PC grinding to a halt.

Mark.

Back off furlough today, so I'll have my PC running for about 9-10 hours a day, while I work on the laptop, so back contributing again.

Nearly two million points contributed :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom