Folder names hidden

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmac190

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone help me here? My darling daughter when bashing the keyboard the other day managed to hide the folder names of all my photograph folders within 'My Photos'

At first I thought she had deleted them but they are just hidden and I can't get them back.

It's only the My Photos folders that are affected.

Any ideas?????

Thanks

Tools --> folder options --> view --> under "Hidden Files and Folders" select "Show Hidden Files and Folders" --> OK
Then go to the folders that are hopefully showing now and Right Click --> Properties --> Uncheck "Hidden"

Then if you dont want to see hidden files anymore go back into folder options and undo the change you made there.

Hopefully that works for you.

Tools --> folder options --> view --> under "Hidden Files and Folders" select "Show Hidden Files and Folders" --> OK
Then go to the folders that are hopefully showing now and Right Click --> Properties --> Uncheck "Hidden"

Then if you dont want to see hidden files anymore go back into folder options and undo the change you made there.

Hopefully that works for you.

tried it and afraid it didn't work. Thanks anyway.

Hi

Can anyone help me here? My darling daughter when bashing the keyboard the other day managed to hide the folder names of all my photograph folders within 'My Photos'

At first I thought she had deleted them but they are just hidden and I can't get them back.

It's only the My Photos folders that are affected.

Any ideas?????

Thanks
What makes you say they are "Hidden"

open my documents at the top click organise click folder and search options then click restore defaults and apply, thats the way it works on vista, if your on xp then go to Tools --> folder options --> view --> and see if restore defalts is there if it is click it then click apply and see if that helps.

Hmm they are prob not hidden then. How do you know they are still there? have u typed the path manually?

Hmm they are prob not hidden then. How do you know they are still there? have u typed the path manually?

The names are hidden because when the mouse is hovered over the folder it tells me what the name is. I can rename the folder and the original name comes up to change but doesn't stay. All the path names show and in the properties.

I've tried restoring defaults and it doesn't work.

Think I'll sign my 2 year old up on a computing course!!

Can you post a screen shot of how the folders look in an explorer view? I can't really visualise what the problem is.

I tried but it won't let me on directly on to the forum site. Tried on a word doc but file is too large to upload. File size is 657kb max upload allowed 100kb

If I figure out how to reduce the size of the word file I'll attach it on. Compressing the file only takes it down to 250kb

Sorted..................

The shift key gad been pressed when the files were opened (view was thumbnails)

To show folder names press shift and hold it in whilst opening the folder and hey presto.

Can this thread now be closed.

Closed as requested.

Cheers
Moosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom