Question Focusing problem Epson eh-tw9200

Deni070

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello to everyone,
I’m new to the forum.
Sorry in advance for my bad English, I hope that someone can help me decide what to do with the problem that I’m having.

I have an Epson eh-tw9200 that has focusing problem and wanted to know if other people have had similar issues and what they did to fix it.
The projector is one year old and has around 1300 hours, its projecting on a 100” screen from Elitescreens from around 3.5 meters of distance ( 11.5 feet )
The Projector is centered to the middle of the screen and I’m using just a bit of vertical shift to bring the picture dawn a bit.

The problem is that I can never get a 100% focused picture on the entire screen.
It’s always the bottom right corner that is a bit out of focus.
When I try to focus on that corner then the whole left side of the picture gets blurry.
You can get the picture to be sharp but that corner is always at 70% .
If I move the focus ring a bit I can get a decent picture but to get that corner at lets say 90% sharpness the rest of the image gets at 95%
Also in panel alignment you can tell that on the right side red and blue lines are out of focus but not the green one.

Now I lived with this problem for all this time when recently I tried to use horizontal lens shift to the max and noticed that the picture got sharper, like 100%
I vent in the panel alignment to get the green and red lines to show and they where 2 sharp 1 pixel lines.
Before only the green one was sharp and red and blue where blurry.
How is it that when lens shift is used to the max the image gets perfect.
The picture should be sharper at the center of the lens.
To have a 100% focused picture I would need to ether move the screen 1 meter to the left or move the projector. Nether options are possible.

Should I send it to service and are they going to do something or return it to me and say that it’s within spec.

Its driving me insane now that I got a 100% sharp picture but cant use it like that. :-(

IMG_20170714_150718.jpg IMG_20170714_150756.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom