1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Focal Speakers?

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by dts_boy, Oct 7, 2003.

1. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    What do people make of Focal component speakers? i am thinking of upgrading the standards in my golkf with these as they have been highly reccomended by my dealer. they also do alpine, but said for an extra £30 (£100 as opposed to £130) the Focals access 165 wipe the floor. Opinions/alternatives welcome:)

2. backtothefuture

backtothefuture

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    never used them but have heard lots of praise. supposed to be better than alpine

3. Dave20

Dave20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    unfortunatly its up to YOU :) everyone has their own tastes.. if

some ppl say diamond.. some ppl say oxygen, some focal, some fosgate, some kicker, others DLS, some etc etc etc etc etc. everyone has their own opinions.. alot of ppl are biased to what they sell or own, its natural.
    i have some £500 diamond componants in my attic, doing nothing also got some alpine DD drive bits lying around somewhere else.. both good sets of speakers. both give good sound.. the alpines are easier to drive (power/amplification) the diamonds sound better when amped to the right amount but at 2X the price(+the extra agro?)

basically if you liked the focal's more .. then buy those :)

couple of things to remember when demo'ing speakers.. #

if you heard them in a demo stand then they wont sound anything like that in your car due to the speakers being mounted in nice mdf boxes with sound matting etc inside. (bass response will be alot less in the car)

in the demo stands, different sized boxes affect how each speaker will sound (same as home hifi)

the headunits might be different (or differently set up, bass treble etc) so again this could affect how the focals might sound better than the alpines.

im not trying to put doubts in your mind.. just a couple of things to consider..

probably all sounds like a loada b****** but makes sense to me heh

4. Dave20

Dave20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

thats like saying.. lexicon is better than bryston or tag.. or M+K is better than B+W etc.. depends on what products your buying and from what "range"

just my 2 cence