• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

focal sib evo dolby atmos 5.1.2 Advise

JonesyJ90

Novice Member
Have just been offered the focal sib evo dolby atmos 5.1.2 brand new from a local shop for £550 all in, Has anyone got this set up and how do they rate this ? How good is the atmos etc I have a bose series 15 with the big over massive bass moduel, a few questions is this going to sound that much better and how good is the subwoofer also with the atmos speakers do they have to be at the front or can you have the atmos at the rear pointing the sound to the ceiling.

Many thanks Just wanted to no if its worth picking up tomorrow on my lunch break.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
The local hifi store should allow you to listen them first! If not, find another dealer who will and after that make the decision.

Members have wroted about them here; Focal Sib Evo Dolby Atmos Speaker Package Review & Comments

AVF review: Focal Sib Evo Dolby Atmos Speaker Package Review

There is quite many reviews for them if you google and the speakers seems to be very good what you would expect from Focal, better than the subwoofer which isn´t suprise as package subs are usually the limiting part. But if you have small room, who knows you might be fine and nothing stops you upgrading it later on. The asking price is very low at 550£, as they were 1100£ earlier! Sister site AVSForum tested Sibs with expensive dual JL Audio subs which pushed the system on another level.

Also make sure you meet these requirements including that you would sit around 1,5m to 3meters from speakers max to get best effects from the upfiring speakers:

The ideal ceiling height is between 7.5 and 12 feet, and the maximum recommended height is 14 feet. The ceiling should be flat and made from an acoustically reflective material, such as drywall or plaster.

JonesyJ90

Novice Member
Thank you so much 460cm by 360cm is my lounge size so not massive, also the cieling hight is 240cm so should sound ok im hoping I didnt have chance to pick up today so tomorrow morning im going.

With the up firing speakers how far off the ground would they have to be to make sure there hitting the cieling? also do they have to be at the front the atmos speakers ?

Thanks for your reply.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Did you also notice this part? The ceiling should be flat and made from an acoustically reflective material, such as drywall or plaster.

Place the speakers with upfiring modules to front! Focal says ~75cm from floor, main speakers 2meter apart from each other. Check here: https://www.focal.com/sites/www.focal.fr/files/shared/catalog/document/sibevo_usermanual-notice.pdf

I hope you have read about the upfiring speakers in general so that you don´t dream night and day difference as most cases it`s not like that. There is tricks to make it little bit more noticeable. In Sibs case moving yourself closer could help (1,5m - 3m) and after you have run your receivers auto setup, bump up the atmos speaker levels by ~3db.

JonesyJ90

Novice Member
My ceiling is plaster bored and flat as well, its a new build so pretty simple and cheaply made house lol as for 2m apart my screen is 106inch so would have to be 250cm apart dont no if this effects the sound a lot ?? Thanks for your reply.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom