Focal Sib Evo Atmos Speakers on wall?

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have just redone my setup to add 2 additional rear atmos speakers so 5.1.4 setip. The back is quite high on my sofa which I know is not ideal when the rear speakers should be at ear height. My speaker stands are around 7ft away behind the sofa and are 80cm high. I feel this is not high enough due to the back of the sofa. The stands are around 25cm from the back wall.

Would it be OK to wall mount the speakers higher up say a metre or is it best not to wall mount atmos upfirers?

I would think you'd love it, vs having ear level sound firing up (and to your ears also before up) and bouncing from the ceiling and down.

Have someone hold it in the new proposed position (or a few cardboard boxes stacked with something heavy behind the speaker and painters tape or bungee cord to temp secure to that, lmao) to see if that angle works for both DTS:X and Atmos from your favorite movies

Last edited:
Thanks. Not sure what you mean by putting the boxes behind the speaker. Looks like wall mounting is not an option now. The wall mounts aren’t available to purchase any more :-(

I’ve used these before and they were pretty sturdy. Might be on the large side for what you need but I’m judging from memory and it’s late

B-Tech BT77 Ultragrip Pro Speaker Mount, Set of 2, Side Clamp with Tilt and Swivel, Black Amazon product ASIN B004DCAOHK

So I’ve managed to get some focal Evo mounts thanks to a member on here. Now I need to decide where to put the rears. As you can see from the photos with the headrest up on the sofa the speakers look too low and I don’t fancy keep putting the headrest down to watch a movie. How far up the wall should I place them since technically they are supposed to be at ear level. I have included a photo of the front setup to give you an idea where my heights are. I would have liked the front heights a bit further apart but due to lack of space that wasn’t possible.

3A50D388-A792-4227-B4DF-A4E18BDD6BEF.jpeg

855236D1-2A0A-40CC-A007-57C1CCC4F853.jpeg

772D2EB7-8461-4740-A095-87F0E2B0C28B.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh, there's no space behind the couch to make a temp stand for rear heights (if you didn't have a tilt and swivel mount).

For rear height, a ceiling mount may be even better if couch is all the way back.

Oh, there's no space behind the couch to make a temp stand for rear heights (if you didn't have a tilt and swivel mount).

For rear height, a ceiling mount may be even better if couch is all the way back.
Sorry the picture is misleading. There is loads of room behind the couch. Around 4-5ft :)
I am hopefully getting the swivel mount now so I was going to put them on the back wall around 1.2 meters high. You can’t put these speakers on the ceiling they are rear speakers with atmos upfirers built in.

So does anyone have an idea what the best height on the wall is needed to get a good angle when the backrest on the sofa is up?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom