1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Focal-JMLab Chorus 714

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by THERMOACC, Feb 6, 2005.

1. THERMOACC

THERMOACC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!! I am trying to get as much info on these speakers as possible as well as the 706`s. I am thinking to use them in a surround set-up with a Yamaha DSP-AX750SE amp and the Yamaha DVD S540 dvd player. If anyone has any experience with these speakers, please let me know!!!

2. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Very nice sounding speakers but very short bass extension... they need a sub.
    I would opt for the 706 or 707.

Believe or not they sound exacty the same as my 12 years old awarded Celestion 3MKII.

3. cityonfire

cityonfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found they had pretty good bass extension when i used to sell them at the Hi-Fi shop i used to work at(It was Gilson Audio in Middlesbrough so hi to any old customers here) I admit with a home cinema amp they do not sound like they have that much bass. But that is down to homecinema amps generally having a bright sound compared to a good stereo amp. They sounded brill on Exposure and Musical Fidelity gear. Excellent mid range.

4. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I heard them with a Processor and 5 ch Power Amp costing ten times the price of the speakers... and an Arcam DVD player...

Magazine Reviews agree on the light bass...