Focal Electra 927Be vs 1028Be

Filipe Oliveira

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

first of all thank you in advance. As the title suggests, I'm torn between these 2 Focal speakers. I was on the verge of upgrading my Chorus speakers and my plan all along was to replace them with a pair of Electra 1028be (fronts) and the 1008be (rears). I already got the 1008be and was hunting for a pair of 1028bes, which is not such an easy task as not many people are willing to ship such large speakers internationally and these are hard to come by here in Portugal. Also shipping rates would add quite a bit to the total so I'd be looking to pay approximately 3000€ for a pair.

I was doing my daily research locally and came across this guy selling a pair of the older 927be for 1650€, which apparently are in perfect working order. He's not that far from me which would be a bonus.

So the predicament is... Are the 1028be worth the hassle and the extra cash involved? I love the looks of the 1028bes so it would be a pity to pass on those but sound and getting the best bang for buck comes first.

Happy 2022 to you all 🙏

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom