• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Focal dome v monitor audio mass v q acoustics 7000i

psalliss

Established Member
Hi looking for so advice on speaker change from someone who has listened the above speakers. I currently have kef 2005 eggs with a 3005 centre. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with them I just fancy a change.

I've narrowed it down to the three sets in the title. I did test the dali zensor 3 and was impressed and felt it was a step up but they just won't fit in my unit. The above three will and see to the best speakers out there upto a 1000 from what I've read.

Thanks

mtenga

Distinguished Member
I've decided on some focal domes for the bedroom. Should be here this weekend DHL permitting.

The mass was not in the running but I preferred the dome to the 7000i. Focal claim they go down to 80hz, which I'm sceptical about, and they look so cool which is half the thing with a style package. Haven't read anything bad about them and will be running with a denon 2113, at least initially. Might try and pick up an x4000 if they hit 550 at the end of the summer.

ajdj1

Prominent Member
Also keen to know how the Focal domes perform, especially at lower levels. Did you get them for any better than £750?

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Been using them all day at various levels. The cinema performance is great but it shines with music which is a bit of a surprise. I'm delighted.

Contact aclass technology for a price. They are assured advertisers on here.

ajdj1

Prominent Member
Thanks, I need a new av receiver as well but not sure how well they match with Sony or Pioneer, which at the moment are my 2 preferred options. Need to do more research I think!

mtenga

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom