Focal Chorus SW 800v Active Subwoofer No Output

Mr Gr33n

Novice Member
I set up my Focal home entertainment system to my Sony DA5400ES receiver and I have output from every speaker except the subwoofer. All I can hear is a light humming from the speaker no matter what settings I change on the receiver. My sub is connected to the receiver subwoofer output using a Monster subwoofer cable. I also noticed that i am unable to see the LFE signal from the receiver anymore. The only time I can hear audio from the subwoofer is if I connect an outside source (i phone or CD player) using the red and white connector. Not sure what else to try.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I set up my Focal home entertainment system to my Sony DA5400ES receiver and I have output from every speaker except the subwoofer. All I can hear is a light humming from the speaker no matter what settings I change on the receiver. My sub is connected to the receiver subwoofer output using a Monster subwoofer cable. I also noticed that i am unable to see the LFE signal from the receiver anymore. The only time I can hear audio from the subwoofer is if I connect an outside source (i phone or CD player) using the red and white connector. Not sure what else to try.

Behind the SW800V sub set knobs BEFORE you run setup:

• Connect subwoofer cable to LFE white on the right side and push it till bottom (could be stiff)
  • Power switch to On (not auto - later you can set this)
  • Volume knob to 11-12clock
  • Phase switch to 0
  • Crossover knob to max hz = all the way to right (this shouldn`t be in use when connected to LFE but just in case..)

Did you tell your Sony receiver that you have subwoofer? It has some auto setup with microphone to put at main listening position (seated ear height). Run that so it will set levels, distances (delay) etc. Don´t correct them (sub distance). Then change speaker size all Small if set as Large! Check speaker crossovers also (bump up if set below 80hz).

Make sure you have connected the other end of subwoofer cable to Pre Out Subwoofer, not on the left side multi ch. I have circled red the correct one:

1942536-ae9ee077-sony-strda5400es-es-71-audiovideo-receiver.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom