Focal chorus 716 help

Hey guys I m new here to the family and a complete rookie at this speaker towers and amplificators..

I have a focal chorus 716 only one from my brother And he gifted me this beast but I do not exactly know how to connect it to my macbook pro which is also connected to my tv screen through hdmi to watch movies..

How can i get this thing connected to my computer for watching youtube videos and media consumption guys? Please help.. I guess i need to buy an amplificator from denon or macantz or whatever. It has a 2 connections at the back of the focal chorus one is minus and one is plus... Thank you so much!

TheHighFlyingBirds

Hey guys I m new here to the family and a complete rookie at this speaker towers and amplificators..

I have a focal chorus 716 only one from my brother And he gifted me this beast but I do not exactly know how to connect it to my macbook pro which is also connected to my tv screen through hdmi to watch movies..

How can i get this thing connected to my computer for watching youtube videos and media consumption guys? Please help.. I guess i need to buy an amplificator from denon or macantz or whatever. It has a 2 connections at the back of the focal chorus one is minus and one is plus... Thank you so much!
Are you saying you have just 1 focal 716 speaker? If so, you really need a second one, pretty pointless looking for an amp if you only have the 1 speaker.

Are you saying you have just 1 focal 716 speaker? If so, you really need a second one, pretty pointless looking for an amp if you only have the 1 speaker.
I can buy a second one later but What do i need to buy in order to just work this thin first and try if it works or not? Do i only need a simple amplifier and then I need to connected the amplifier to my mac with a jack ?

TheHighFlyingBirds

Firstly, what is your end goal? A surround system or just plain stereo setup, i.e. just two speakers for music and tv. As this will influence what type of amp you need.

To test the speaker, yes you'll need an amplifier and speaker cable, to connect the speaker to the amp.

You will also need a source (macbook) which can be plugged into the amp. If your macbook has a 3.5mm jack (headphone jack) you can use a standard 3.5mm jack to RCA cable, which will plug into the amp.

To be honest, I think you'll struggle to find a second matching speaker, as its rare you see speakers being sold separately.

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Can I ask how there is only one? It's very odd unless the other was damaged beyond repair due to an accident or someone is just using one as a very large centre channel. Now I cannot remember if Focal do matching pairs by serial numbers, but if they are, then you may never get a perfect match and as they are quite large, using a simple amplifier isn't going to be enough as they are a big speaker and will need something with a bit of power behind it to make it work properly.

As you are coming from a PC/MAC you are best looking at an amp which has a USB input so that so you don't require any other products in place, but with only one speaker, I wouldn't really recommend doing anything until you have the a second 716 speaker

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom