Focal Chora 826, KEF Q950/750 or Klipsch RP8000

Maximo86

Hello everyone, I've been reading here for a while but I haven't created any posts yet. First of all apologize for my level of English is not adequate.

I am looking to replace my frontal trio and I am in a mess. I am looking for some columns that give me what I am looking for, it would be for use with both music and cinema, they would be connected to a receiver (currently yamaha rx-v583 but with the thought of buying a Denon 2600)

In music I like that it has good bass, but controlled, that does not cover the rest of the frequencies, feel them but do not load the harmony. What I do like is a well-presented media, I like to hear bso (hans zimmer, etc.) and acoustics, and I like that good guitars and violins and a female voice are heard well.

and in cinema, I would like to wear Ford vs Ferrari and that cars roar in my living room ... so I am looking for something with very good means and lows present but controlled.

With these premises, I think that the ones that are closest would be, within my budget, the Focal Chora 826, although I just looked at the Kef both the q750 and the q950, I was also seeing the Klipsch RP8000f but I think not They will finish adapting to what I am looking for.

What do you think, those Focal will be good both for music (Hans Zimmer, Ludovico, The Beatles, Queen, ADele, ...) and to feel the cinema as it deserves? better the kef? some help? Thank you

gibbsy

The Klipsch speakers would be far easier on a Denon X2600 to drive, both the Focal and the KEFs thrive on power and the X2600 simply doesn't have enough to do them justice. As far as music is concerned, especially stereo the X2600 is very poor. You would be better looking at a receiver from the Marantz range. Bass control if using the Denon in a direct stereo mode, is again very poor and may disappoint.

You would be better off looking at a receiver that has the ability to add a power amp or stereo amp with HT by-pass, perhaps at a later date. For this you should consider the Marantz SR5014. The ideal solution, because music seems so important, would be to add a stereo amp that has HT by-pass into the mix. This would be a simple connection via the Marantz or Denon (X3600) to the direct input on the stereo amp. You should then connect all your music sources to the stereo amp for a far better stereo presentation than any receiver is capable of. This allows you to use the same front speakers for both film and music but basically keeping the two forms separate. This is how I use my front speakers.

Maximo86

The Klipsch speakers would be far easier on a Denon X2600 to drive, both the Focal and the KEFs thrive on power and the X2600 simply doesn't have enough to do them justice. As far as music is concerned, especially stereo the X2600 is very poor. You would be better looking at a receiver from the Marantz range. Bass control if using the Denon in a direct stereo mode, is again very poor and may disappoint.

You would be better off looking at a receiver that has the ability to add a power amp or stereo amp with HT by-pass, perhaps at a later date. For this you should consider the Marantz SR5014. The ideal solution, because music seems so important, would be to add a stereo amp that has HT by-pass into the mix. This would be a simple connection via the Marantz or Denon (X3600) to the direct input on the stereo amp. You should then connect all your music sources to the stereo amp for a far better stereo presentation than any receiver is capable of. This allows you to use the same front speakers for both film and music but basically keeping the two forms separate. This is how I use my front speakers.
Thank you very much for the answer, the truth is that I had not valued that option and it is very interesting .. I will take a look at that marantz and from here at the end of the year I will probably mount it as you say, since when I listen to music I do it in stereo
As for the speakers I have already asked for a Focal chora 826 and the focal chora center .. I keep your comment to mount it as you say, Thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom