Answered Focal 1028 be or monitor audio gold gx 300??

C63jay

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone my friend has been eyeing up these speakers in very good used Condition but, he doesnt relly have a clue on which is better. He listens to heavy bass music and movies and has a large room with high ceiling, with a mf nuvista m3 amp. Also if its a fair price to pay for these
Focal 1028 be @ 2k
Ma gold gx300 @ 1.5k

Thanks for any info opinion and advice.
Jay

Last edited:
The Focal 1028 Be is the better speaker out of the two, that would be my choice. The Ribbon tweeters sound nice in the MA Gold range, but the sound quality overall will be better with the more expensive Focal's

Thanks i was under the impression that the gx300 was more bass producer? Also what do you think to the price for each?

The GX300 do go lower.

Golds ~30 Hz
Focal 34 Hz

He really needs to listen to them.

The prices are about right. Mass produced speakers in good condition are generally worth about half of what they cost new.

Thanks i will go listen to the gx300 as iv heard the focals which sounded clear
I know the focal is the more expensive new and the gold 300 is better than the gx300 but hard to find. If the gx were gold 300 id snap them up at that price

Just picked up somem ex-demo (literally brand new) Gold 300s for 1795 and they are magnificent. Highly recommend

Just picked up somem ex-demo (literally brand new) Gold 300s for 1795 and they are magnificent. Highly recommend
Wow, where from if you don't mind asking? Thx

Hi, it was Harrow Audio website. They always have a page of ex-demo items. Well worth a look
That included delivery too!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom