1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FMJ P25 gain vs AV300

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by barnythebear, Oct 22, 2004.

1. barnythebear

barnythebear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just bought a fmjp25/3 to biamp my front 3 speakers with my av300.:clap: John Dawson replied recently to one of my posts that the p35 has the same gain as the av300, I take it this is the same for the p25? Should have checked first I suppose, cannot see anything in the manual.
    Also any body suggest any reasonably priced interconnects to link them together?
    Thanks

2. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Yup the gains are the same. Can't really comment on the interconnects but ones with phono plugs on each end would be a good idea :)

John Dawson (Arcam)

3. barnythebear

barnythebear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks John for the advice. Now it is up and running all I can say is wow! I was a bit dubious about the likely benefits of biamping with a separate power amp over the internal biamping allowed by the AV300. Previous threads on the forum seemed to indicate it would not be much of an improvement. I needn't have bothered, bass seems fuller and the instruments better defined and seperated. Sorry must go back and have another listen just to be sure. :smashin: