1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FMJ DV27A and progressive scan NTSC??

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by sohe68, Dec 5, 2004.

1. sohe68

sohe68
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hello,
    Last week I took delivery of a new Panny TH-42PA30 plasma screen. Happy to be able to finally use the progressive component output from my DV27A, I found myself to be a bit disappointed :( .

The image is really sharp and smooth, but with NTSC discs there is a constant "flickering" of light all over the screen. It is almost like a stroboscope and it's present also when I pause the film and during the Arcam-logo when stopped. The problem does not appear during PAL playback. This phenomen makes NTSC discs unwatchable with progressive scan, with RGB through SCART there is however no problem!
    The TV-system is set to "Auto" in the setup af the Arcam, I tried setting it to "NTSC" with no luck.

To rule out errors with the cable or plasma screen, I hooked up my friends Marantz player with progressive scan and everything was fine, image steady as a rock with both PAL and NTSC.

Is it possible that there is something wrong with the video-chip?
    Does anybody have similar experience?

2. sohe68

sohe68
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hmmm...

might be an issue with macrovision, waiting to see what the dealer comes up with.