1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FMJ DV27 Remote Control

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by KBDVD, Dec 12, 2003.

1. KBDVD

KBDVD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi All,

I have just picked up an ex-dem DV27Plus unit from a dealer and when so doing, I was offered a choice of three remote control units for it, (more than one had been being used in the shop as they also had the Diva range out).

These units were all numbered the same, (I forget the number just now) but I noticed with interest that they varied in appearance.

Two of the units had "matt" finished buttons and a "clear" transmitter bulb located on the end of the remote but the third unit had glossy buttons and a "dark" transmitter bulb.

I chose to take the "glossy" buttoned unit as it looked like it had seen less use, but this does prompt a couple of questions in my mind.

1. Which style of unit is actually the most recent?
    2. Is this just a cosmetic change or does it have operational significance? (ie: any benefits derived from the transmitter bulb colour change?)

Anybody know the answers?....... John Dawson?

ps: I had to wait for an extra 20 minutes while the salesman "undid" the cd software "upgrade" :laugh: that he had volunteered to do, after I pointed out that it had actually changed from version 4.12 to 4.00, ie: An earlier version! :rolleyes:

Maybe Arcam should reconsider their new "Dealers are the best place to get your upgrades done" stance? :confused:

pps: He didn't have the firmware cd either! .... so I'm still on LT75, not LT76, should I seek to get this done elsewhere too or not bother?

Best Regards,
    KBDVD

2. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    KBDVD,
    My remote is a light coloured, light "end bulb" and matt buttons. My DVD27 was originally one of the last + versions. On the subject of the remote, it is without doubt the worst remote I have ever owned and I never use it!!!

I will be interested in anyone who can answer your firmware query.

Regards
    John

3. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I have lt76 firmware disc somewhere... though I would not bother unless you find u are having issues with discs...

Matt

4. KBDVD

KBDVD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi mjf_uk,

Wow there fella! ........ CR315?

I've just checked my unit and it's a CR314!

Can you double check your numbering please.

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.

5. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Keith
    im glad to see you eventually got sorted with a dv27 at last, are you happy with it ?

regards

richard