1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fmj Cd33t

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by ipodstudio, Apr 1, 2004.

1. ipodstudio

ipodstudio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any members here using the FMJ CD33T? If so, are you satisfied with it's performance?

2. ruben20

ruben20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You have it already I see. Why are you wondering? Are you not satisfied? I'm about to home test one in my current setup.

3. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think crustyloafer has it

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    I listened to it in an audition a while back and thought it was a very nice player. It wasn't all that different to the cd93t I listened to at the same time but costs a few £100's more. Compared to the other players I listened to it was a more clinically sounding player and lacked emotion imo compared to the cyrus cd8 (and psu). I would've been happy to own either player but they were both a little over my budget and ended up with my Naim cd5i which is a marvelous machine for the price:)

5. ipodstudio

ipodstudio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ruben20, I will receive mine in a couple of days. It should have shipped today and I'm down in Marbella, Spain. Looking forward to it, though. As such I was just curious to see what existing owners had thought of their's.

6. ipodstudio

ipodstudio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hawklord, I've never listened to the Naim but I've heard great things about it, and came quite close to buying one, until I got a good deal on the Arcam. Came darn close to a Meridian 508.24, too, mind you, and a couple of others:D

7. ruben20

ruben20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Succes with the wait then :D. I've heard it before and compared it shotly with my cd 73. In a few months i'm either upgrading my speaker to SF cremona or a cd 33 will come and complement my arcam setup.
    The short test was amazing. Combined with the FMJ A32, the sound was phenominal. If could get a quick and good deal on it, I wouldn't have to think twice. The shear detail en realism the player was able to produce, knocked me of me my feet. I'm hoping to test it in my home setup soon. Are you an apple lover btw or just an ipod lover :D.
    What kind of speakers and amp do you use in combination with the arcam. The brand larocca is quite unfamiliar to me.

8. ipodstudio

ipodstudio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ruben20, thanks for the note. I must say, I looking forward to putting the Arcam through her paces.

I don't use speakers with this setup, just headphones (Sennheiser HD 650s). The Larocco amp is a dedicated headphone amp by Larocco Audio is constructed using the PPA circuitry. Larocco is a small private company in the US, run by an Hi-Fi enthusiast.
    You can read it about it here or here

9. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,243
    I have the CD33T and have to say that you won't be disappointed. I initally had my eye on the CD93 but had a lsiten to the CD33T and there was a lot more bite to the sound. It doesn't make you sit up and listen quite as much as the Cyrus player I had before but it is so much more listenable over longer periods. I found the Cyrus player quite fatiguing to listen to a whole album on. You will need to partner it with fairly fast sounding electronics as it is a fairly laid back sound but very detailed.

10. ipodstudio

ipodstudio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Crustyloafer, thanks for the note. This is exactly the reason I bought it (apart from the price I got;)). I want detail but I want listenable. That's why I've opted for a decent IC and upgrade cable for the headphones, as well as the headphone amp.

Once I've got the system set up and burnt in, I'll report back on my findings. Don't expect too much, though, as I'm still relatively new to this :smoke: