FMJ 139 outputting 1366 x [email protected]

McFaber

Quick question for all you techies:D

Has anyone managed to get native output to any of the commercial Panny 6/7/8/9 via DVI. The spec for this card shows it will do [email protected] but I am buggered if I can get a picture. Has anyone done this, if so can i pick your brains?

cheers
I'm pretty sure your Panny 50" will accept the 768p signal over HDMI and maybe DVI via the VGA input, but it's possible I could also be wrong...

Druboo

Novice Member
Well tried everything no go, any advice would be welcome:D
Get a 135 :D

From the handbook:

19-pin HDMI connector
Supported video formats are:
720*x*576p; 720*x*480p; 1280*x*720p; 1920*x*1080i; 1366 x 768p
Audio to 2-channel/96kHz (24-bit).

gpa

Banned
Get a 135 :D

From the handbook:

19-pin HDMI connector
Supported video formats are:
720*x*576p; 720*x*480p; 1280*x*720p; 1920*x*1080i; 1366 x 768p
Audio to 2-channel/96kHz (24-bit).

The 139 is the same spec at 1366x768, LOL but I am buggered if I can get it to work, DVI blade spec says it should and I know it is outputting @ 60hz but no lock on picture. Scratching my head:D

Druboo

Novice Member
The 139 is the same spec at 1366x768, LOL
:thumbsup: I just haven't seen 1366 x 768 mentioned anywhere for either the 137 or 139, 135 is the only handbook I have seen it in :rolleyes:

Upgrade time ?????????? :devil:

Nah

Timbo21

LOL both the 137 and the 139 do this as confirmed by Arcam and as shown in the set up menu, however I still cannot get the bloody thing to work!!!:thumbsdow
It could be a timing thing.

You can alter timing on video processors, but probably not on the 139

I don't know if it's worth putting the colour space to different things, and try PC RGB.

If all else fails it may be worth posting in the video processor/scaler section.

gpa

Banned
It could be a timing thing.

You can alter timing on video processors, but probably not on the 139

I don't know if it's worth putting the colour space to different things, and try PC RGB.

If all else fails it may be worth posting in the video processor/scaler section.

Will try PC RGB , it could well be a timming issue, but that is really above my knowledge, I am not using an external processor so I guess you may be able to tweak the panel. Everything points to the two working, just not for me. I guess this option would be useful for the American market and those using this panel. cheers

Edit have now got Arcam on the case to see if they can work out what the issue is.

McFaber

Well come to a dead end on this on so a bump for the last time.:smashin:
I would consider giving either Alastair from AV-sales or Liam of Progressive-AV a bump, as these guys really know their stuff...worth a try!
Good luck anyway.

McFaber

I've just thought...Have you tried it @50hz?...or set the player to NTSC mode instead of PAL or AUTO.

gpa

Banned
Hi andysb, Hz is a no go because the DVI card will not accept this only 60hz. I have tried all all poss comb's.

I have now sent an email to Andy at AV sales who is going to forward it to Panny tech and hopefully they will in turn talk to Arcam for a definitive answer.

gpa

Banned
For those that may be interested, I have now arrange for Andy at Arcam to talk to the tech dept at Panny regrading this issue ad I believe they are sending the tech spec for Panny to look at. Hopefully this will result in a solution:smashin:

I have to say both Arcam and Av sales have been superb and it back up why these companies are worth dealing with. I am sure if it was any other manufacturer, you would not get this sort of response, so :smashin: to you both.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom