FM Tuners, whats the best?

E

eddiea

Can anyone suggest a good sounding FM Tuner, I have read that the Denon TU-260LII is good, any opinions?

karkus30

Banned
Yes, my brother had one, seemed a good budget tuner. If you have the dosh Naim do the 01 which is nice.

Make sure you are in an area with decent reception and get a dedicated radio aerial.

Otherwise get a nice DAB tuner, brilliant even the little mono Pure radio is amazing, I fancy on myself for 99 quid even looks pretty.

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by eddiea
Can anyone suggest a good sounding FM Tuner, I have read that the Denon TU-260LII is good, any opinions?

At the price of Denon it will take some beating. You really have to go to £300 / 400 to get something much better. What about a secondhand Creek T series tuner. That would similar money and better?

gringottsdirect

Originally posted by eddiea

I like this tuner, also try Sony ES tuners such as STS730ES, often turn up on e-bay, Hitachi FT5500 Mk11 good too.
My ears diss DAB tuners thus far, tried Sky Digital radio maybe?

karkus30

Banned
Those Hitachi tuners take a lot of beating, I have a mate who is a used HI Fi dealer and he had a budget Hitachi tuner in, which he was selling for 30 quid, fantastic reception, wiped the floor with the Quad using a makeshift aerial.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom