1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FM Tuners, whats the best?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by eddiea, Aug 25, 2002.

1. eddiea

eddiea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone suggest a good sounding FM Tuner, I have read that the Denon TU-260LII is good, any opinions?

2. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Yes, my brother had one, seemed a good budget tuner. If you have the dosh Naim do the 01 which is nice.

Make sure you are in an area with decent reception and get a dedicated radio aerial.

Otherwise get a nice DAB tuner, brilliant even the little mono Pure radio is amazing, I fancy on myself for 99 quid even looks pretty.

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    At the price of Denon it will take some beating. You really have to go to £300 / 400 to get something much better. What about a secondhand Creek T series tuner. That would similar money and better?

4. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29

I like this tuner, also try Sony ES tuners such as STS730ES, often turn up on e-bay, Hitachi FT5500 Mk11 good too.
    My ears diss DAB tuners thus far, tried Sky Digital radio maybe?

5. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Those Hitachi tuners take a lot of beating, I have a mate who is a used HI Fi dealer and he had a budget Hitachi tuner in, which he was selling for 30 quid, fantastic reception, wiped the floor with the Quad using a makeshift aerial.