1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fm Transmitters

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by noodlesalad, Jul 13, 2005.

1. noodlesalad

noodlesalad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know a good FM transmitter for my mp3 player? im gonna get a phillips HDD100 off my friend..

its for my car..

2. paulrwebster

paulrwebster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My view is - forget it. I bought an iTrip for my iPod and can receive a signal in one of my cars but not in the other. The car in which I can get a signal has a CD In jack plug on the front of the radio, and, connecting with a cable, the quality is better and is reliable. In the car in which I cannot receive the signal, I use a cassette adapter and it sounds very good. It may not be a sexy, however a cassette adapter is better than an FM link.

3. L11

L11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    not everyone has a tape deck or line in

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,078
    My sister and her hubby have one each (his 'n' hers). And two BMWs. And they can't praise their Ipod Mini + ITrip enough. No reception problems there, it seems. Was thinking of getting one myself.

You do know they are strictly illegal (unlicenced radio transmitters) in the UK?

5. alancolledge

alancolledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have had an FM modulator for my IPOD, thought it was novel to start off with but soon tired of the sound never mind the reception problems. Just sounded harsh.

I have now got a proper Connects2 adapter which sends the audio through the CD changer function. If you compare the 2 their is simply no competition.

The only thing the modulator has going for it now is piping music to my shower radio!

6. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Of course, this has nothing to do with the topic, but the use of these in this country is completely illegal.
    (Sorry to be a pain)
    Azzo