1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FM transmitter for Creative Zen

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Comer, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    This is my first time an this part of the forum, so please be gentle :)

I know this has been asked before, but after a search I could not find a difinitive answer. A friend here in work has a creative Zen and just received a FM transmitter. The sound on the car radio is good, but there is some interference like you would get on a radio chanel. Now the interference is very slight, but I'm wondering is this as good as it gets with these transmitters or has he it setup wrong or is it the quality of the transmitter.

If it is the transmitter can someone recomend a good one before I buy for myself

Thanks

Conor

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,764
    I can't comment first hand on this, but I've read comments from other people that these transmitters are not as good as a hard-wired option.

3. Northern Monkey

Northern Monkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I bought thr "Procare EF-6208 Digital FM Transmitter" for the Zen for about £12 on ebay and whilst it works fine in the house which is pointless anyway as plug staright into amp, in the car it is useless- that said I live in South London where the fm frequencies are pretty congested and pirate stations seem to belt out jungle night and day on or around the frequencies it transmits on.

4. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Thanks for the replies. Are there any other options for listening to an MP3 player in the car?

Conor