FM Radio on HD5/Sony hdd player?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by micks_address, Aug 14, 2006.

1. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Hi Folks,

I've just started commuting via trains after 6 years in the car and my sony hd5 and sen cx300's are really giving me good value but what i miss from the car is the radio.. catching up with news in the morning and the odd funny dj moment...

what i'm after is a solution for FM radio on the go... i know i could invest in another player/standalone radio.. but in hope - is there any device that would plug into the remote port on my hd5 and have an fm tuner built in so of like the in line remotes?

do Sony make such a product? or anyone else for that matter?

cheers,
    mick

2. oska

oska

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Sony definitely don't make one. I can't find anyone that does for that matter.

3. Biskitboy

Biskitboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Methinks you'd surely be better off looking at a Mobile Phone for this !?

4. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    dont want the hassle of switching earphones between devices... plus cant afford a mobile at the moment... you'd think someone would be able to make a fm tuner that would plug into the remote socket of the sony player and take power from there? i think i came across a mini disc player which had a built into fm tuner in the remote somewhere

cheers,
    mick

5. Biskitboy

Biskitboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since what you're looking for doesn't exist (and if it did would probably cost ££) you'll either have to give up the idea or re-define your criteria.

If you're a bit strapped at the mo then something like this might be for you:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FM-Shower-Rad...8QQihZ002QQcategoryZ11839QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cripes...!!!...you have to transfer the headphone plug from your Sony but hey, sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do...lol...:) !