1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FM Arial on Denon 3802...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Desticado, Dec 15, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Im probably just being thick but im having a real problem trying to work out out to wire the FM arial cable that came with the Denon 3802 into the adapter that came with it....

Am I meant to buy an FM arial and wire in? or pull the black cover off the end of the arial cable?

Cheers.

2. burkey

burkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased the Denon amp and have wired the ariel like this . The black loop ariel is for AM reception. Plug this in to the two black spring clip AM conections . The FM ariel can be wired up using either an internal FM areal with the same connection type as the black one supplied , or via an external FM ariel. I have used an old internal ariel which works just fine for me . It will depend on the reception you get in your area as to how good an internal ariel is .
    PS I am well impressed with this amp .

3. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've sorted teh AM ariel but I cant seem to work out the FM adapter for the internal FM ariel. The terminator on the ariel (non loop end) is plastic and when you open up the adapter it holds it with metal arms....

Im sure im doing something stupid.
    Maybe I'll have to pay a visit to my local store.

4. burkey

burkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The black adaptor is not for use with the with arial with the loop on the end . I am not sure how that works,the only thing i can think of is that the plastic end with the small hole would fit inside of the FM ariel slot on the amplifier and locate over the center lug that can be seen . The arial that I am using has the same sort of connection on one end as the black adaptor . It only costs a few pounds at most . You should be able to pick one up fairly easily .

5. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks.
    I'll do that.

6. Russtavo

Russtavo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    There IS an FM ariel that comes with the 3802. It's easy to miss, because it looks just like a bit of white-plastic covered wire. Only one end of the wire has a little black plug on it. This goes into the RF type round socket, just below the black-spring clips, which as someone mentioned above is for the AM Loop antenna. :cool:

7. Mike72UK

Mike72UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HHi there,

The single black FM lead supplied with 3802 slots onto the centre pin of the FM connector on the rear of the amp.

The black plastic gizmo is for using co-axial cable to connect to an external FM aerial, or if like me you live in an apartment with a wall socket pre-wired with TV aerial and FM sockets, just get a co-axial fly lead, whip of the connector on one end and wire it up to the plastic gizmo with the metal clips inside.

Worked a treat for me!

8. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mike is right, that is the correct way to connect and to spell AERIAL... :blush:

9. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Perhaps I was just being stupid with the supplied lead but I figure the one I bought fits better and must give a better reception though its design (a T shape).

As for the spelling...

I did a fisicks degree..... :p

10. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw it comming... :mad:

Don´t take me wrong, English is not even my first language, and I am sure I do many spelling errors...

Sorry... :rolleyes: