• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

FM Aerial: Pioneer X-HM81-K.

Julian Brown

Established Member
I want to buy a better quality FM aerial for my Pioneer X-HM81-K than the piece of wire supplied with it.

The problem is, my local hi-fi shop has nothing which will fit the socket on the back of my Pioneer!

Standard coaxials won't fit. The wire aerial supplied has a plug on it with a very thin projecting pin.

Any ideas?

timearp

Established Member
I'm looking at the picture of the rear of the machine, the antenna section. The aerial that came with my mini hifi was a bit of wire with a 'tube' at the end that fitted over the pin. I've just double checked and mine is identical to the picture online and a standard socket fits it without a problem. I'd suggest you buy some cheap ones from a DIY store and try them, if they fit then purchase some quality ones with a FM aerial.

What exactly are you hoping to upgrade to? A roof mounted aerial or one which you have inside the house near the hifi?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom