FM 2006 on Plasma

blackmaverick

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I really want to get Football Manager 2006 on 360 as I love it on PC. However I am worried that as alot of the screens are going to be just static stats, I may have problems with screen burn and image retention. Does anyone know if SI have made any comments about limiting game usage or anything with Plasma displays or if I am just being overly protective of my lovely screen!

Any thoughts on this?

michaelT1888 said:
another reason why you should have got a LCD

I'm delighted with my screen, may have carry on playing FM on the laptop. In fact why would I consider buying FM for the xbox 360 as I can just feed the laptop into the plasma anyway!

you may get screenburn, but take a break every wee while and play an aracade game or similar

I was very worried about burn-in when i forked out for my plasma. Apparently some are more prone to burn-in than others. You should make a post on the Plasma/LCD page on this site with the make of your plasma and ask if anyone has any experience with burn-in on your paticular model.

I bought mine late last summer (Hitachi pd6600) and made sure I used the tv with movies only for a set amount of hours with low bright/contrast settings to wear it in, and gradually worked them up to a decent level.

Since buying the Xbox I've had some monster all night gaming sessions. You get partial static images with every game (timer/score/lives left etc) and I have never had a problem with burn-in. I have had some slight image retention, but it's gone very quickly.

My screen has a white-wash function to help combat burn-in. I've never had to use it.

imho I think the burn-in scare on plasma's is a bit over-hyped.

Get a DLP. No screen burn :D

I have got screen burn form PD0 on my pioneer 434. Please do not listen to people who say its a myth or it doesnt happen. I have got mine just playing games. I phone up Pioneer for a rant, and they said that HD means that gamesplaying should be restricted to 2 hours.

Funny thing is, never had a problem with my PS2

As long as you have run your plasma in gently you wont have any problems.

I use my plasma to browse the internet all the time and never had any burn or image retention.

syntax error said:
As long as you have run your plasma in gently you wont have any problems.

I use my plasma to browse the internet all the time and never had any burn or image retention.

Yes I have had my plasma for over two years, am pretty handy with technology and careful, and it still occurred. THIS HAPPENS.

Having said all that, my panasonic plasma (same model as the poster) doesnt seem to get it at all. It really does depend on the make and model. But yes, they all get it eventually.

michaelT1888 said:
so do you need a projector?

No mate, mine is a rear projection set 65'. :D

DLP = equally as good picture of Plasma or LCD (maybe even better) for less money (much better vfm) although are more bulky, can not me wall hung and have a slightly smaller viewing angle

for me - after upgrading from a 42" Hitachi plasma to a 50" Samdung DLP there would be no turning back - picture much better and its possibly the best TV I have seen to date

as for FM 2006 - still considering the 360 version - but £40 for a game that I have already and that will be superceeded in 8 months is a bit much. Also I think as well as its done it will always be a PC game

michaelT1888 said:
i dont understand, i only know about LCDs

DLP's workings are complicated mate, but it is basically a rear projection tv, the best type by far. :)

If you want to see how it works click the 'launch demo' button in the what is DLP technology section on the link I posted above. This will show you how it all works. :)

DuncanWardle said:
DLP = equally as good picture of Plasma or LCD (maybe even better) for less money (much better vfm) although are more bulky, can not me wall hung and have a slightly smaller viewing angle

You can acutaly get wall hangable DLPs mate, infocus do one which is rebadged as Thomson over here in the UK. The set is only 8' deep. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom