Flying to US after Covid?

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My daughters were due to fly to New York on Monday. One tested positive yesterday. Holiday postponed. What does she need if she wants to go in a couple of weeks?
I have heard mention of certificate of recovery, can only see them being offered for sale? I presume that’s all that is available?
If so is that all that is needed? No need for any tests prior to flying there and back?

I have heard mention of certificate of recovery, can only see them being offered for sale?
At a guess, most of those will be scams. The only official UK document is the Covid Pass. Whether you can legally obtain an official US recovery certificate is something I have no knowledge about unfortunately.

Does this page help?

It makes no mention of certificates of recovery, only vaccination statuses and testing.

This page mentions documents of recovery, but doesn’t say what they are or how to get them.

This might help
  • If you had a positive viral test on a sample collected during the past 90 days, and you met the criteria to end isolation, you may travel instead with your positive viral test result and a signed letter from a healthcare provider or a public health official that states you have been cleared for travel. The positive test result and letter together are referred to as “documentation of recovery.”

It's all a bit sketchy isn't it?. Last time I read something about it it seemed to apply/be available to US citizens only.

If you're fully vaccinated then you only need a (supervised) Negative Antigen test taken one day before travel to the US.

You're much better off taking the Antigen Test because the PCR may show a Positive result many weeks after

I traveled to the US about a week ago, I needed a Passenger Attestation document , Proof of Vaccination and a Antigen result from the day before

The proof of recovery forms are only needed for those who're unvaccinated

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom