flying over the edge

liveforav

My gliding lesson on Saturday seemed like the perfect opportunity to get an interesting shot in for this months competition. Although it was a little 'snug' after squeezing into the cockpit with my camera, parachute and harness thingamajig :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Raw processed, straightened and cropped with a border layer added in photoshop. The exif should still be embedded in the image.

Exif

Canon 350D
1/500 Sec.
F/10
ISO-200
10mm

img4702resizedgo9.jpg

M-C-P-M

a very good picture:thumbsup: especially as your just going over the edge to the land mass beyond, very good :thumbsup:
I bet you thought it was going to be silent up there! noisy up there ain't it:eek:

Look everyone Pmsonic has got knee's:eek:

SweetGirl

OMG :eek: Cant believe the lengths we go to get our competition entries.

I am assuming you took this photo with one hand since your other hand was on the steering :D

It's a great photo and certainly on this months theme.

ps...love ur knobbly knees:)

Butch499

Great shot, like the wide angle and the feeling of space it creates even inside the narrow cockpit and canopy, and also the 45 degrees of bank and horizon angle.
You are lucky to be able to get a great photo opportunity like this, I'd love to take a gliding lesson.. maybe one day!
:thumbsup:

liveforav

Now, now.. enough about my knees.. :rotfl:

Oddly enough the wind wasnt too bad most of the time, but turns and dives kicked up a lot of noise though. Thankfully my instructor was kind enough to hold the stick during the photo-op. Top bloke! :smashin:

V

vulkan75

Awesome way to spend a day off. Great photo opportunity and I trhink the squeeze has paid off mate.

My only crit would be.....its a shame you couldnt have put her into a dive for the shot..:D

excellent

bodoman

Distinguished Member
Excellent photo, dont think we can compete with the position you took the photo from.:smashin:
Its on theme but it would have been better if you had put the glider into a 90 degree climb and took the photo at just as you came out of the climb, so you loose your wings, a small price to pay for a winning entry in the comp:eek:

liveforav

Its on theme but it would have been better if you had put the glider into a 90 degree climb and took the photo at just as you came out of the climb, so you loose your wings, a small price to pay for a winning entry in the comp:eek:

Drat, i'm needing to give more commitment to the cause. :suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom