Flower Cooler Questions

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Pygmy Hippo, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Pygmy Hippo

Pygmy Hippo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a Zalman Flower Cooler and put it on my spanky new 1800xp but was rather alarmed at the weight of the cooler itself.
    The problem is that i'm using a tower case - and i'm a little unsure as to whether this amount of weight on its side will kill off the processor and/or motherboard.
    Has anyone who own one of these lovey gadgets got any thoughts on the problem? I've bought a desktop case just before, only to get it home and find that my quiet pc psu is too darn big for it - and i want to play with my new toy dammit! :D

Cheers

Steve

2. Dubbing Mixer

Dubbing Mixer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a Zalman, on its side on a P4. In fact I'm writing this on the same machine. No probleeeeeems so faaarrr as I can teeell.

Seriously tho', it's been working fine for six months.

3. feet14

feet14
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently you should take care when moving a PC with one of these installed as they're above the recommended weight (for both AMD and Intel versions) and so could damage the processor. I've found a heatsink with Papst fan installed for £22 which is simpler and claimed 29dBA noise level, so I might use this when building my P4 based system over the next few weeks.

4. Lem

Lem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have installed Zalman flowers in a few machines now, and can report that I have had no issues concerning damage of the cpu. The load is probably no more than one of the very tight coolermaster heatsinks, but I would exercise care if moving the machine about..