• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Florida Property. $10.4m in 2007. Now only $3.4m

KeithO

Begonia said:
Shall we buy it and rent it out?

Alternatively, shall we put in an offer of $2.5m and hopefully buy it for that price, then sit on it for a year and then sell it on for a $2m profit?

5 bedroom house for sale in Florida, Osceola County, Kissimmee, USA

Do pardon me but I must dash! My 'Cheese on Toast' is nearly ready.

Actually that's pretty horrible! Personally I wouldn't give you $1m for it, despite the size

I'm not surprised at the price drop though - central Florida got hammered in the US housing crash.

robel

all that money and zero taste or style.....perfect for the plastic lifestyle that exists....

robel

much prefer the second one...

but this did make me laugh:

Key features:

**HABLAMOS ESPAñOL**

So a key feature is they speak Spanish....muy bien!!!

pandemic

A uni friend moved to Florida year and a half ago prices have massively reduced since the subprime mortgage crisis. Apartments that used to be $200K can now be picked up well under $100K. Seems a decent investment, some people are buying them cheap and renting them out.

THE_FORCE

Banned
Villas are as cheap as chips out here at the mo.

I'm off to look at a couple tomorrow.

Someone needs to kickstart the modern interiors over here. All you see are 80's pine kitchens, plastic foliage and dark dated furniture. Orlando needs a serious kick up the butt!

rousetafarian

I've got eyes and ears looking for a suitable property around the Wellington/Palm Beach Gardens area of Florida, as we have decided that if/when we move over there it seems like a nice place to live.

BTW What is with the crap quality of some of the pictures in the listings? I guess the homeowners take them, themselves rather than a realtor.

Somewhere like this seems do-able, and the pics are ok too

http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...ca-Pl_Wellington_FL_33414_M58904-01407?row=66

Last edited:

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
When we got married in 2006, we stayed here:
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=DA...=riQbN_eForQJyKjL5UgPMw&cbp=12,86.34,,0,-4.39
and it was for sale for something like $470,000. It sold for $390,000 on Jan 29, 2007. Now worth nearer half that.
Totally beautiful, luxurious house conveniently close to Disney etc. But there are hundreds of them in the area all the same. They were building the estate to the east at the time. If anyone has £200,000 spare cash and fancy holidaying in Florida regularly, possibly for extended periods, then one of these does seem like good value. Certainly compared to comparable properties here in the UK where it's cold and wet and miserable.
I wonder what rental costs are right now. I bet they have gone through the floor also. Is it possible to rent a 6 bedroom, luxury house for peanuts?

FZR400RRSP

Banned
I wonder what rental costs are right now. I bet they have gone through the floor also. Is it possible to rent a 6 bedroom, luxury house for peanuts?

Owners direct is about as cheap as it gets, so it's a good guide.
When we looked, we were able to get a big 5-bed villa with own pool, near all the usual tourist attractions, for around £ 800.00 per week (July)
How this compares with previous years, no idea, haven't considered Florida until recently.
Purely for comparison, we ended up renting a two-bed villa in Spain with own pool for £580.00.

Last edited:

rampant

im renting a 3 bed / 3bath place on vista Cay, which is near International Drive (5 mins to the pointe) for £600 / $1000 per week - that's in august this year. Previous years have been around the £700 - £800 mark - but substantially farther out from the attractions.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom