Floorstanding Speakers - Max £600

muljao

I don't think you'll need 60, but 20 would likely be too little. I mean space behind and size if room. However, I don't think 27m squared is too small for these, I think you'd be ok (assuming it's 5x5 or 6x4 approx, not 9x 3 or very weird shape)

I might be inclined to look at the 3030i on a nice set of stands also

Matt52

Novice Member
I don't think you'll need 60, but 20 would likely be too little. I mean space behind and size if room. However, I don't think 27m squared is too small for these, I think you'd be ok (assuming it's 5x5 or 6x4 approx, not 9x 3 or very weird shape)

I might be inclined to look at the 3030i on a nice set of stands also
It's 5,97 x 4,43 :)

muljao

Helix Hifi

Every speaker behaves differently in each room, so there is no “rule” to follow.

muljao

Yes, no rules of course you're correct, but if it was an L shaped room or was 11m squared you'd know straight up that a large floor standing speakers was out. I think a 27m squared room is not a difficult space to fill

password1

Distinguished Member
Hi.
I'd say the same thing to anyone with a ~£600 budget. Buy stand mounts. Your money puts you in the next quality bracket up, whereas that money for floorstanders is still only enough for budget ranges.
One exception would be if you could stretch to £700 and get QA Concept 40's.
Agree with the concept 40s.

Dont forget the cost of decent stands if going for stand mounter.

Add to your shortlist, Mission lx MARK2 and Wharfedale Diamond, Fyne Audio F300 range and Dali Oberon and MA Silver 6g to name the popular brands.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom