Floorstanders @ Lidl

michaelm

Banned
German-based retailer Lidl is selling a pair of 3-way floorstanders, rated at 180W PMPO and 360W RMS for £21.99 next week.

There is no brand name no other spec given.

They look pretty impressive in the flyer though, 1 Bass, 1 mid and 1 tweeter, plus a bass port at the bottom. Removable grilles as well.

I'm gonna buy a pair to see what they're like. If they're no good I can always bring them back for a full refund, no questions asked.

buns

Banned
scary thought buying hifi from lidl!!! :eek: i cant wait to get a report! :D

ad

T

Tejpal

Hmm.. £22 or £11 each..

£4 for cabinet
£4 for Drivers
£3 for grills ports ect

I also looking forward to the report !

I cant understand how they are making profit :eek:

Ian J

Banned
Your mathematics is wrong. Lidl are retailers so they will have bought these speakers from an importer or manufacturer.

The £22 selling price per pair includes Vat of £3.28 so the selling price excluding Vat is £18.72

Their markup is probably half of the sale price so they will have purchased the speakers at £9.36 per pair.

Richer Sounds are also advertising speakers at £9.99 per pair which is impossible unless a) they are made of cardboard or b) someone has been dumping goods at a loss.

michaelm

Banned
Sorry, the actual price is £29.99 and the bass and mid speakers have the brand name "Cat" and a picture of a panther on the cones. Unfortunately here in NI the term "cat" is a coloquilism for "rubbish", ie "see that Patrick Kielty show, that's cat, so it is!"

kez

Distinguished Member
over here, we say:

""see that Patrick Kielty show, that's ****e, so it is!"

B

Bone Digger

Just been to Lidl to see if they have these speakers, or at least a brochure with them in. Seems they don't.
But I did pick up a Wireless Audio/Video transmitter for £39.95.
British Made with 3 year warranty, but I've never heard of the manufacturer. I haven't seen one anywhere for near that price.

michaelm

Banned
Bone Digger, what part of the country (or world) are you in? Here in Belfast, Lidl do their special offers on a Monday and Thursday and the floorstanders are on sale this Thursday (7th Nov), along with a selection of pretty good looking Radio Controlled cars at £7.99. Guess what Michael Jr is getting.

B

Bone Digger

Michaelm, I'm in Aberdeen (Scotland).

The local Lidl store had a couple of flyers, but only for offers starting on the 11th November.

I'll try again on Thursday to see if the speakers are in.

BTW I set up the Transmitter last night and it worked perfectly. The box included everything you would need unless your receiving Telly doesn't have a Scart socket. Even then all you need is a coaxial cable.

P.S. is Michael Jr. old enough to appreciate floor standing speakers?

michaelm

Banned
I'll tell you what, his eyes near popped out of his head when he saw them, so they did. Anyway, 400W (180 nominal @8ohms), about 4' high and they look superb, but I've decided to take them back for 2 reasons:

1. They only have spring clips

2. They have a table saw next week for £49.99 and I can't afford both.

Ah well...

lynx

Originally posted by michaelm

2. They have a table saw next week for £49.99 and I can't afford both.

Ah well...
What are you going to use it for? A mate (who is a joiner) bought one for jobbing and 1. The blade is quite rough and 2. It won't cut 3'' dado as it won't open wide enough.

Top Bottom