flooring type?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by craigb2143, Dec 24, 2006.

1. craigb2143

craigb2143

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Should what type of flooring i have make a difference to the speaker/ av reciever setup i choose? (i have laminate flooring, is this good or bad?)
    :lease:

2. Member 96948

Member 96948
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,253
    It's more refective than carpet and will therefore reflect/emphasise the mid to high frequencies. I can't remember a dealer with a room like this, so it's important that you achieve some sort of understanding with your dealer, that these are you circumstances and that this may reflect your satisfaction with your purchase.

Without knowing your budget, it's a little hard to make any any suggestions as to which direction you should head in, but I'd suggest speakers from the hifi orientated end of the spectrum as they don't tend to have the shelved upper mid/treble response that the more AV gear tends to favour.

Russell

3. craigb2143

craigb2143

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have about £1000 ish to spend and will be pairing them off with a pioneer vsx-ax4asi which is a slightly bright reciever anyway. I have been looking at the kef iq range, ma bronze/ silver, crystal audio thx, maurdant short, and jamo d6/d7? feedback on these speakers much appreciated as i do not have much time to go and demo.