1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flooring plans...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Les E, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    To soundproof the floor in my cinema room I am looking to seal the floor with accoustic sealant then apply a soundproof mat with adhesive. On top of this I will place a layer of quiet floor underlay (sealed with foil tape) and then carpet on top of that.

I hoping that will do the trick, but if anyone can advise anything further or little tweaks to make even better then I appreciate the feedback. :smashin:

2. mattym

mattym
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    is it an upstairs room or downstairs and what type of floor is it

3. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Well considering the room isn't built yet I cannot tell you the condition of the floor but it is ground level. If it's anything like the rest of the house then it will chipboard floorboards...but my builder may opt for another option.

Sorry I cannot be more specific but I am hoping the fact it is ground level will five me a better soundproofing option.

4. mattym

mattym
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    sounds ok, but im not qualified to advise on flooring, might be worth having a look at www.customaudiodesigns.co.uk, they have some good articles on soundproofing and flooring

5. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    If your house in in early construction phase, you should have a chat with the builders about the inclusion of a floating floor for that room.
    Either that or if you do things as you mentoned above, you're going to need custom spikes to anchor your speakers to flooring below all the underlays and carpet.
    I know which I'd go for.