• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Floor Standing Speaker Advice

LocUK

Standard Member
Hey, I have a budget of about £500 but if it can be justified I'll go a bit more expensive. I got a room 5.7m x 4.4m I'd quite like just a simple 2 speaker set up, but if I can get good enough floorstanders preferably avoid having to get a sub.
Anyone know of any speakers in this price bracket for my needs, currently using some lovely old Wharfdale Diamond Series :thumbsup:

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Based on everything I've heard from people, the MEZZO are a real step up from the AVIANO's that replaced them. So, the Richer Sounds deal is pretty outstanding if you like the style of the speakers.

Another suggestion would be the Dali Concept series -

dali concept 6 - Google Search

Or the much larger more powerful Dali Concept 8 -

dali concept 8 - Google Search

If you really want some lethal speakers, consider the well out of your price range, Dali Concept 10 -

dali concept 10 - Google Search

Audio Affair is probably the best source for Dali Speakers.

At a tolerable discount, you could consider the Wharfedale Diamond 10.7 from Superfi.co.uk, who seem to currently have the best prices on Wharfedale -

SuperFi.co.uk - Wharfedale Diamond 10.7 floorstanding speaker

The equally good Diamond 10.6 (minus the midrange speaker, and slightly smaller cabinets) come it at about £499/pr.

SuperFi.co.uk - Wharfedale Diamond 10.6 Floorstanding Speaker

The new Monitor Audio BX5 and BX6 fall close to your price range -

Monitor Audio BX5 - Google Search

Monitor Audio BX6 - Google Search

Audio Affair also has a very nice price on the Acoustic Energy Aelite 3, which are a pretty sweet speaker, especially at this price -

Acoustic Energy Aelite 3 Three Speakers (Pair) at Audio Affair

That gives you quite a range of selections in your price range.

Which is best? Really, that is up to your ears, they are all good in their own way.

Personally, I confess that I like BIG speakers, so I gravitate toward the Dali Concept 8. But that's just me. Any of the speakers are going to be good, the real question is, which do you like and which can you afford.

Just a thought.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:

LocUK

Standard Member
Thanks a lot mate, very helpful post. Going to go see the Concept 8s in the next few weeks =]

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom