1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Floor stand for philips 37 9986

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Such, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Such

Such

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    I am after the floor stand for the new philips 37 incher. It has only come with a wall bracket and my old man has decided against wall mounting it. Does anyone have one of these, and if so where did you get it from? I cannot find one anywhere!
    I may have to settle for the pedestal foot and a rack. Any help will be welcomed! Thanks.
    Yet to try out tv as it cannot stand. Anyone tried with a denon 1910 or panny s97 via dvi?

2. Tony B

Tony B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The Philips floor stand for this TV is not going to be available until January, apparently.

A good alternative is to get the Philips table stand (with the the glass base - it actually seems to be designed for the 42pf9986) and place it on a Kenmark 3 shelf glass stand. There is one which is almost exactly the same width as the TV and they (the TV, table stand and base unit) look as if they were made for one another.

You also have the option to rotate the TV (the table stand has a pivot at its centre) which is very handy for changing rear connections and pointing the screen wherever you want it.

If you are interested I can look up the model numbers

Tony B

3. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The item you're after is the Philips ST009966. It is for sale at Unbeatable and Digital Direct. As far as I can understand Digital Direct have it in stock, although you may have to call them to check. Unbeatable are out of stock at the moment. Price just over £300.

The Kenmark solution mentioned by Tony B is excellent though. The Kenmark glass table (KMTS01M) can be found at johnlewis.com for £199. It is also in stock at our local Comet for the same price - not on the Comet website though. It is excellent quality and almost half the price of the Alphason equivalent! Of course, you'll need the pedestal stand to make this work, and they're not cheap. I'm surprised the TV didn't come with one - my 32"9986 did. The pedestal stand as mentioned by Tony is the ST429986 (£162 at Electrical Discount). As he says, it is for the 42" so may not work. (Logically the stand should be a ST379986, but it doesn't seem to exist!)

Jimmy

4. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I couldn't get the floor stand, so I got the swivel table top stand and bought a very smart AV10 stand from Stands Unique (high quality glass shelves and tasteful wooden legs available in a variety of woods).
    BTW, I use the Denon 1910 via DVI and get excellent results.

5. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 32PF9986 comes with a table top stand AND a wall bracket, but the 37 & 42 only come with a wall bracket - the table top stand is an optional extra. My dealer advsied me about this, so I had to order a table top stand as well.

6. Such

Such

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Thanks for these. I'll check with DD in the morning and if they do not have stock of the floor stand will go down the pedestal and Kenmark option.

Thanks again!

7. Such

Such

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Got the table top stand from dutchwest on next day delivery and an optimum fusion rack to place tv on. Looks good, does not take up much floor space, and costs came to £400 total.

Wish it was mine now and not me dads!!!