floor firing or not ?

O

oscarmadfish

love to hear your views
i am changing to floor firing not because i know the difference but because the deal was right lol

If you're into tuning the sub for best performance at all costs, then an FF offers a little more flexibilty, but in raw performance terms, there is no difference.

Russell

Personally, i think it depends on whether you have a suspended floor or solid floor as to which one will suit better, or give you more oomph. Suspended floors will absorb to an extent, whereas a concrete floor will 'reflect' (best word i could think of) whether it's bare or carpeted.

Many people say that it doesn't matter which way a sub is facing, or how close it is to a wall. Just place your sub firing into a corner and compare it to how it sounds in the middle of the room. Face it towards you, then face it away from you. Difference? It may sometimes be subtle, bit i think so.

From all my testing driver aiming position effects phase and often chages the sound. Which way is best not possible to say as rooms and equipment is different. Best for you to use your ears and decide!

From all my testing driver aiming position effects phase and often chages the sound. Which way is best not possible to say as rooms and equipment is different. Best for you to use your ears and decide!

Totally agree with this, I've found forward firing gives better integration and tighter bass for my room and is less easier to localise.

Regards,

DG

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom