1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flook

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by stevegreen, Nov 8, 2004.

1. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    I went to see this band on Saturday night at the Leisure Centre in Whitchurch, Shropshire. It was amazing!

Flook are a four piece band who play sets of Irish (and other) Jig music. No lyrics, just some extreme whistle and flute playing backed up with some amazing bodhran playing the beats.

I managed to get another album by the band whilst I was there, kind of completeing my collection. The band are on a bit of a tour at the moment and to be honest, even if you are not particularly into the type of music, seeing them perform live is quite an experience and will guarantee you tapping your feet along!

Thought you'd like to know :D

2. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    sounds like a good night out....

still can't wait to see the pogues tho!!

3. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    I was supposed to be seeing the Pogues at the Birmingham Academy but they sold out :(

If you are anywhere near where Flook are playing, really, go see them. The support Dulaman were also very good :smashin:

4. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    yeah, they'vre got a couple of north east gigs in the new year - including the new sage centre thats opened up overlooking the tyne....but saying that, think I'd prefer the vibe of an old pub!!

5. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    Oh God, absolutely. I can imagine seeing them in a small pub, that served Guinnes, on a Sunday afternoon, in the summer.

I couldn't believe the sounds that John Joe was getting out of that bodhran, amazing! :smashin: