• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Floating wall with electric fire ???

majordamage

Standard Member
Just got myself a samsung series 6 led TV and samsung homecinema HT-TZ325 and just spent last couple of weeks studying all these great floating walls you lot of done :thumbsup: and want to do something similar.
What am loooking at doing is to have it a foot from ceiling and a foot from floor, approx 6' x4' just slightlty wider than the tv with a Dimplex sp8 curved front electric fire, maybe also with a small floating hearth. Amp and sky+ etc to be in a cabinet to one side.
What do you guys think and has there been any similar designs to point me to ??? having a hard time convinsing the wife what am looking at doing
Any help :lease:

majordamage

Standard Member
well got no help so went ahead and did it on my own back.
Yet to get the fire to fit below screen.
What i would like some sugestions on is what would be best, to fit light around the screen, or behind the floating wall ???

DSCF1108.jpg

leesheva

well got no help so went ahead and did it on my own back.
Yet to get the fire to fit below screen.
What i would like some sugestions on is what would be best, to fit light around the screen, or behind the floating wall ???

DSCF1108.jpg

For the light around the floating wall use this:

Duralite Rope Lights

Its a ropelight thats cheap and you can just clip it on the inside of your wall, its what im going to be using shortly.

Nice job though so far.

Did you fix the tv to the wall or to the batons holding the floating wall up?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom