• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

flip down tv signal

liladz

Standard Member
hi, just brought flip down tv with freeview for kitchen, it has 2 connections - dvb-t one in and the other out, i dont have ariel socket in kitchen so brought portable one, it will not receieve a thing the plug will fit into the in connection, do i need somethin for the other one? or any ideas? thanks

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Welcome:)

The obvious thought is that you are simply not receiving a signal of sufficient strength via the indoor aerial in the kitchen, placement is critical for an indoor and well quite frankly the performance can vary from day to day hence the long term advantage of a high mounted fixed rooftop aerial.

Try the aerial and TV in another location, I am of course assuming you already do or know you should be able to receive the Freeview broadcasts.

fernandez

Distinguished Member
hi, just brought flip down tv with freeview.... i dont have ariel socket in kitchen so brought portable one, it will not receieve a thing the plug will fit into the in connection, do i need somethin for the other one? or any ideas? thanks

The portable aerial you bought will be fitted with a standard co-ax plug and evidently the TV has a non-standard socket.
An adaptor is usually supplied so that a standard plug can be used. If one wasn't supplied contact the seller.

As has been pointed out reception on indoor aerials (especially in a kitchen) can be hit and miss (usually miss) at the best of times.

You could do worse than read this: http://www.avforums.com/forums/freeview/826100-freeview-f-q-s.html

BuyCleverStuff

Sounds like you have purchased one of the 10” Kitchen TV's we sell on our website;

Under Cabinet Flip Down Kitchen TV's

The two connectors on the rear are both standard 75 ohm coax antenna connects, just like you'd have on any TV…. but the Kitchen TVs has two independent tuners (hence why it has two connectors on the rear).

As for signal strength, portable aerials are not recommended (in my opinion) for ANY Freeview TV, we've tried many of these aerials and never had anything we could call a proper signal. Some of the better quality portable aerials can be very expensive £80+ and to have a proper “roof top” aerial fitted should really only cost around £150.

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom