1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip down kitchen LCD - now installed...

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Judders, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Judders

Judders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I finally got round to fitting the little 8 inch LCD I bought for the new kitchen and thought I'd share a few pics.

The picture quality, although not quite the same as my Sharp 32GA4E ;) , is fine for the purpose it was purchased for - so the Mrs can keep her eye on the soaps whilst she's in the kitchen. The only downside, is the built in speakers - they're ok with speech, but any kind of music at a decent level and they distort :( Not too much of an issue as Eastenders fortunately doesn't have too many heavy basslines! However, I might look into somehow attaching some external speakers to beef it up a bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mt50

mt50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    looks, nice, we are having a new kitchen fitted atm, and are looking at adding a small tv, was looking at a little 15inch lcd for the corner, but this seem a better idea as it does take any space up. how much was it? was it easy to set up?

thanks.

nice kitchen btw :)

3. Judders

Judders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We thought about a 14/15 inch LCD too, but our kitchen's so small, we just haven't got the space, so this worked really well.

I've got it connected to the RF2 connection of the Sky+ box in the front room, so it was just a matter of running some coax cable from the lounge and connecting the power. It does have a connection for a terrestrial ariel, but reception's so bad in our area we didn't bother.

Cost me £200 from ebay. The seller got it 'free' cos he spent over £5k on an MFI kitchen, but I've seen them advertised at £280ish. To be honest, if I had the space I would definitely go for a 15 inch LCD, but I haven't! :rolleyes:

4. Skinner.Daddy

Skinner.Daddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi do any of you have the instruction manual for this TV as I;m trying to get hold of a copy?

Thanks Jon