Flights with Mavic Air, Mavic Pro,Spark & Phantom 3 Pro, 4

Recoveryone

I was busy this weekend with my drones some work and some for fun, here are the results

Attachments

Last edited:

Recoveryone

angrybird

How do you compare the mavic and spark
I know that they are different prices and capabilities. But I want to know real life experience

Recoveryone

I have found each bird has its plus and minuses.
1. Size, there are some locations where a bigger bird can be the hazard than the surroundings (Spark vs Mav Pro/Phantom)

2. Abilities, For the most part the spark can produce a very very good picture in both video and Stills (the spark takes 12mp stills, the same as Air/Pro/Phantom 3 & 4 non-pro) The only drawback, if you think 2.7k & 4k is the bees knees and you can't live without it. I put my video above (Glen Helen Park, shot in 1080p with ND16 Filter). There are other specs that some will bring up (transfer speed of data 60mbps to 100mbps) but again that is such a non starter as most people couldn't tell the difference.

3. Access/portability, The Spark fits in the palm of an adults hand and the Air when folded does also. The Pro is little bigger but the Phantom series is like check luggage at the airport. The Spark/Air & Pro line can be carried as carry on.

In conclusion I put drones in the same category as DSLR cameras and Guns, its only as good as the person behind/ at the controls of the unit/weapon.

The videos and both the stills where shot with different units
I used both the Spark, Pro and DSLR on the Hilltop video for a restaurant. The pic of the construction site was taken by the Air and the sunrise was with my DSLR (Cannon Rebel Xt)

Last edited:

Recoveryone

Just added this used Phantom 3 Pro, this is my first full flight

Last edited:

angrybird

right got the mavic 2 zoom myself, and compared to phantom you posted, its FOV is narrower.

I found that dynamic range is not great, as blacks are crushed, and whites are clipped. however I have everything on auto.

Recoveryone

Got to switch over to manual setting to see its full capacity

Recoveryone

Recoveryone

I'm in negotiations for a trade for my Mavic Air for a Phantom 4, the P4 will help me a lot in being able to do mapping.

Recoveryone

The Phantom 4 came in today, will be out in the morning doing some test flights

Recoveryone

Recoveryone

Recoveryone

First daytime flights with the Phantom 4

Recoveryone

Recoveryone

Recoveryone

Recoveryone

Aftermath of San Bernardino, California Hillside Fire