Flightplan Blu-ray Review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by The News Bot, Sep 19, 2007.

1. The News Bot

The News Bot
      News Supplying Robot

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +446
      Reviewed by Keith Hurst
      Flightplan is not for all. Some will gladly be enthralled and on the edge of their seat for the majority of the feature. For me though the plot holes finally broke this camel's back. One or two I can accept and look over. A whole hanger full I cannot forgive, this just has far too many.

An interesting plot, with the sub plot that Kyle didn't in fact have her daughter with her but it was all imagined. Could have been a superb grounding for a restrictive, claustrophobic thriller. Ultimately though it fails to reach altitude and that in itself is more than a little disappointing. A good enough cast, some nice clever filming and a stonking sound mix cannot save Flightplan into a spiralling nose dive. The fact that this UK release restricts the viewer to the number of extras is truly baffling and these days, inexcusable.

Ultimately a reworking of the Hitchcock "The Lady Vanishes" but comes nowhere near the mantle which that great director set for others. Certainly give this one a watch but realise in the end that it's not only a shadow of what it could have been but also it pales into insignificance in the light of other greater works.
      Read the full review...

2. Kelster

Kelster

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +6
      Thanks for the spoiler!:thumbsup:....or is it the punctuation?

3. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +938
      Of course we always try to avoid spoilers at all costs and I thought I was adhering to that with this review. If there is a spoiler in there then I apologise.

Which part of the review are you referring to ? (You might want to wrap them round the SPOILER tags so others can't see :thumbsup:)

Thanks
      Keith

4. Kelster

Kelster

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +6

Forgive me Keith, it might be my mistake or the way I'm reading it. I had this blu-ray planned for tonight (the quote may give the game away, or give the appearance of giving the game away - it's this point quoted above.

In any event thanks for the response - I hope this Reply assists

5. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +938
      Thanks for pointing that out. In the end though I think you'll find that this is giving nothing away. If you find it does after you have watched the film then again I offer my apologies.

Enjoy the film later, let me know what you think of it.

Keith