Flight of the Navigator-reboot.

NOooooooooooo!!!!!! :thumbsdow:(

:lesson:What is it with film studios with all this rebooting, some films should just be left alone :nono:

it's a classic.... well IMO:D

Last edited:
Just when I thought my favourite childhood film would be safe from the bowels of Hollywood.. :(

It could be good.

What are these other movies? ......

Movie 1/ Boys create a flying bubble which breaks through books on the shelves. They then enlarge it to fit inside, and fly around.

Movie 2/ Boy finds a robot suit that can talk, and fight, and fly.

What are these other movies? ......

Movie 1/ Boys create a flying bubble which breaks through books on the shelves. They then enlarge it to fit inside, and fly around.

'Explorers' - great, underrated Joe Dante movie with a really good Jerry Goldsmith score. Hope it gets a Blu release.

Movie 2/ Boy finds a robot suit that can talk, and fight, and fly.

Not sure about this one?

Starkid is the other film,quite good too.:thumbsup:

Explorers, and Starkid are both very good. Similar style to Flight Of The Navigator. :smashin:

Explorers, and Starkid are both very good. Similar style to Flight Of The Navigator. :smashin:

You're right,they have a similar theme.

The spaceship in F O T N was a fantastic design,I really can't see how they could better it.

Why Why Why? what could modern Hollywood give Flight Of The Navigator which isn't present in the current version?

If this is all Hollywood can come up with then no wonder people are illegally downloading movies rather than buying them.

Why Why Why? what could modern Hollywood give Flight Of The Navigator which isn't present in the current version?

If this is all Hollywood can come up with then no wonder people are illegally downloading movies rather than buying them.

Hollywood does that. This is not one of my classics but I fully understand where you're coming from.

:(
Bri

Really, people are also downloading new films, so cant blame remakes for that. Maybe film makers cant be bothered to risk millions on original films/formats knowing they are making less money back, as people just download them!

I never understand why people get upset about remakes. Anyway most films are reboots now, have lots off new bits.

How many people do you think have not seen the original Flight of the Navigator, and tend ever to seek it out? In the millions right? so there's your market.

Surely older films do not have a appeal for everyone, and some could do with updating.

I can't remember any current remake over last 5 years having any effect on the originals, take the remake off Return to Witch Mountain, i saw the original on video, i could not care less about the remake at the cinema, i might watch it on dvd, but no harm done.

Only some peoples pride is hurt for a few months, then forgotten. Personally there is more important things to worry about than film remakes i think.

I have not seen Navigator for about 10yrs, so a new version would be great to see if its better than the original would it not?
If its worse, then you can just laugh off the remake.

Bold Remakes better than originals imo.

Ocean's Eleven (2001) Ocean's Eleven (1960)
Titanic (1997) Titanic (1953)
The Thomas Crown Affair (1999) The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)
Alien (1979) - It! The Terror from Beyond Space (1958)
The Maltese Falcon (1941) The Maltese Falcon (1931)
The Thing (1982) The Thing from Another World (1951)
House on Haunted Hill (1999) House on Haunted Hill (1959)
The Fly (1986) The Fly (1958)

Last edited:
I'm a remake fan! :smashin: I look forward to them. Star Trek 11 is a remake, or reboot or whatever. Dark Knight?

War Of the Worlds you might call remake... and Star Trek 11 not, but what's the difference? Both have an old outline which has been altered.

No doubt they will alter these remakes too.

There was a little alien in this film that used to scare the **** out of me when I was younger.

Still, will be interesting to see this "reboot"

Really, people are also downloading new films, so cant blame remakes for that. Maybe film makers cant be bothered to risk millions on original films/formats knowing they are making less money back, as people just download them!

I never understand why people get upset about remakes. Anyway most films are reboots now, have lots off new bits.

How many people do you think have not seen the original Flight of the Navigator, and tend ever to seek it out? In the millions right? so there's your market.

Surely older films do not have a appeal for everyone, and some could do with updating.

I can't remember any current remake over last 5 years having any effect on the originals, take the remake off Return to Witch Mountain, i saw the original on video, i could not care less about the remake at the cinema, i might watch it on dvd, but no harm done.

Only some peoples pride is hurt for a few months, then forgotten. Personally there is more important things to worry about than film remakes i think.

I have not seen Navigator for about 10yrs, so a new version would be great to see if its better than the original would it not?
If its worse, then you can just laugh off the remake.

Bold Remakes better than originals imo.

Ocean's Eleven (2001) Ocean's Eleven (1960)
Titanic (1997) Titanic (1953)
The Thomas Crown Affair (1999) The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)
Alien (1979) - It! The Terror from Beyond Space (1958)
The Maltese Falcon (1941) The Maltese Falcon (1931)
The Thing (1982) The Thing from Another World (1951)
House on Haunted Hill (1999) House on Haunted Hill (1959)
The Fly (1986) The Fly (1958)

I agree with every one of your choices that the remakes are better than the original.
I would even add 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' as well.

A better picture perhaps.
I love the movie but the dvd I have of it is possibly the poorest I have ever seen.
It did bring us the phrase 'Scuzz bucket' as well!!

I never really understand the issue with remakes. It will not affect the orginal that people loved and you do not have to watch the remake if you dont want to.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom