flickr question

TurnipFarmer

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am trying to upload some photos but there seems to be a limit on how much I can upload, is this right? Is there anyway of making the photos smaller when uploading them so I can fit more?

Sorry I am new to flickr.

Final question is that do you guys upload everything from your photo sets or just the best photos from each of your sets as a rule of thumb?

I use Pixresizer to change the size of the photo and reduce the size
of the file size so you can upload more photos upto the 100mb a month free
Flickr acount limit

Get a pro account - it is not that expensive, then you will have unlimited uploads.

Upload only your better pictures. Would anyone really want to see your poor ones.

Last edited:
Thats good advice a pro account is really not much money at all at the moment $24.95 for a year which is about £15.60 at todays rates and then you dont have the restrictions on size etc. Going to upgrade mine when I get paid as I like to upload my panoramic shots and they r limited to 1024 pixels wide at the minute.

Andy

I am trying to upload some photos but there seems to be a limit on how much I can upload, is this right? Is there anyway of making the photos smaller when uploading them so I can fit more?

Sorry I am new to flickr.

Final question is that do you guys upload everything from your photo sets or just the best photos from each of your sets as a rule of thumb?

All the above posts are right

Upload only your better pics ( both in subject or quality)
Pro account is cheap enough and far less restrictive but learning to resive images and retian quality is not a bad thing anyway
Also these forums have a photo album area you can use. It is limited compared to flickr but it is free to use and access
Flickr has all sort of other fun features and tricks which you will find the more you use it

cheers guys, il might just sign up for a pro account.

Just one more question not with Flickr but I have just got PS Elements 7, when editing/touching up some of my photos what quality is it best to save your jpegs in? it defaults to 10 but does it make any difference by upping it to 12? The size of the jpeg is bigger but I cannot see any difference really. Also some of my photos dont look like they need editing or touching up, do some of you guys just leav some of yur photos if they look 'right'?

Just one more question not with Flickr but I have just got PS Elements 7, when editing/touching up some of my photos what quality is it best to save your jpegs in? it defaults to 10 but does it make any difference by upping it to 12? The size of the jpeg is bigger but I cannot see any difference really. Also some of my photos dont look like they need editing or touching up, do some of you guys just leav some of yur photos if they look 'right'?

I agree that there is hardly any difference between 10 and 12 when saving to jpeg, but I work on the principle that as storage is cheap you might as go for 12. Of course with PSE 7 it is always possible to revert to the original shot so it really is up to you.

I often leave shots as they with regard to tweaking the levels etc, but I do tend to crop most of my shots a bit. When I do tweak I often undo the chnages and redo them to see the effect, sometimes I prefer the out of the camera version, sometimes the tweaked version. The key thing is that you should use the version of the shot you think is closest to what you were after when you took it.

Flickr has all sort of other fun features and tricks which you will find the more you use it

Not wishing to hijack the thread, but I have another question ona similar theme.

I wish to send an invite to someone to see a set on my pro Flickr, but the link allows them to see my archives,my profile etc - how do I get around that?

All my photos are marked private.

Not wishing to hijack the thread, but I have another question ona similar theme.

I wish to send an invite to someone to see a set on my pro Flickr, but the link allows them to see my archives,my profile etc - how do I get around that?

All my photos are marked private.

Any Flickr experts?

If they can see your profile etc they'd need to be logged on as you are it's a bit of a security flaw. You sure you haven't logged on there PC as your account and left a cookie that will log in automatically?

If they can see your profile etc they'd need to be logged on as you are it's a bit of a security flaw. You sure you haven't logged on there PC as your account and left a cookie that will log in automatically?

these are people in various locations that I have never been to, and do not know my log in etc - I have asked Flikck about this but no response. maybe there is a security issue

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom