Flickr help

Jonstone

I have a question that hopefully someone can help me with.

Example

You post a picture that has been edited/processed in some way.

You have uploaded the original unprocessed version as well but marked it as private.

Someone asks you about the original unprocessed picture so you link to it in the comments section where it appears as a thumbnail but they can't then access the bigger version as it is set to private.

I know this is possible because I have seen other people do it but whenever I try it doesn't seem to work for anyone but myself.

What am I doing wrong?

Martin.D

Try the following LINK

When people are looking at the main display page for one of your photos or a video (e.g.), they will see a button labeled "all sizes" underneath the title. From there, they can download any of the different sizes available, including the original file, unless you choose to prevent it.

Preventing people from downloading something also means that a transparent image will be positioned over the image on the main photo page, which is intended to discourage* people from right-clicking to save, or dragging the image on to their desktop.

If people are unable to access a photo or video of yours -- for example if you've marked it as private -- they won't be allowed to download the original either.

People with free accounts aren't able to offer their original files for download.

Jonstone

Thanks for your reply although I think you misunderstood the problem.

I wanted to be able to put a copy of a private picture into the comment section so it was visible to everyone but without making the original accessable.

The answer was from the all sizes page though so thank you, you have to use the text for embedding a picture in your webpage in order to do what I wanted which works fine

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom