Flickering Vertical Lines (game mode) question on Samsung MU8000

chrasb

Novice Member
So I've seen lots of threads on this issue for years, but I've never seen any actual fixes, or people saying they got their problem resolved.... which sucks. I get the red flickering lines only in game mode on my TV occasionally. some games it never happens really, some it happens pretty frequently. I was out of warranty when I noticed them, so I've kind of just waited to see if they ever figured out the exact problem and what it would cost to fix.... but nothing.

Reached out to Samsung and they just had someone with no experience try and setup a $140 visit from a tech, but I told them I need reassurance they can actually fix the problem or at least know whats causing it, but she was clueless and only offered the $140 visit. Tried asking if there was someone who I could at least email about it but she said no.... If it costs me hundreds of dollars in parts and labor... on top of $140 and still not sure if it will fix it since lots of people have had replacements but still have the issue, I might as well just buy a new TV and save this one since its great outside of game mode.

Has anyone seen any positive news or fixes on this? Or have seen a thread anywhere where someone did get it fixed? I've searched forever but only find people with similar issues, and noone saying they got it fixed. I've done all the standard stuff, swap cables, power cycle, updated firmware, factory reset etc.

You can see my red lines here at the 8 second mark:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom