Flickering screen... don't know what casues it.. any suggestions?

kokooos

Novice Member
I have had this telly of mine for about a year now( cant remember its actual specific name... its a 50" full HD)
Last few days i have noticed tat the screen, the whole of it, sort of...* shifts* to all directions... only a few mils at the time but cos its doing it quite frequently.., its driving me nuts,

I dont know what sort of a setting must be responsible for this..., i have tried my PS3 my laptop i usually connect to it..., also in the TVs settings and its still doing it...
No harmful effects.. like overheating or faults with the actual quality of the screen, still it is a problem i cant seem to find a solution for..

If anybody had experienced the same sort of issue..., and managed to solve it(couldnt find anything o other forums..) i'd really appreciate a few hints and tips on how to fix this..

Thanks in advance:)

Tommy:lease:

jono t

I have had this telly of mine for about a year now( cant remember its actual specific name... its a 50" full HD)
Last few days i have noticed tat the screen, the whole of it, sort of...* shifts* to all directions... only a few mils at the time but cos its doing it quite frequently.., its driving me nuts,

I dont know what sort of a setting must be responsible for this..., i have tried my PS3 my laptop i usually connect to it..., also in the TVs settings and its still doing it...
No harmful effects.. like overheating or faults with the actual quality of the screen, still it is a problem i cant seem to find a solution for..

If anybody had experienced the same sort of issue..., and managed to solve it(couldnt find anything o other forums..) i'd really appreciate a few hints and tips on how to fix this..

Thanks in advance:)

Tommy:lease:

Firstly if it is a plasma have you activated the screen burn saver, its
normally called something like orbital it slightly shifts the screen every
so often to prevent IR. if it is LED could be the motion has been turned off.

kokooos

Novice Member
:thumbsup:

Yes, sire u were absolutely right... its called edge enhancer.. I remember looking thru the settings just to see whats what>> forgat all about it:)

Massive thanks to you once more:)

TOmmy

cune

Standard Member
If its plasma i recommend leaving it on (especially if you use PS3/PC that use lot of static pictures)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom