• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Flickering philips

alan29

Prominent Member
Have got a Philips 3005 going into Samsung 26" LCD - the HD one sold by Currys, can't remember the model number. I eventually worked out how to get Progressive Scan working. Problem is that the colours keep flickering between normal and green-tinged. Doesn't happen so much on RGB scart. Didn't happen at all with old Tosh DVD player. Anyone got any ideas what is going on?
Bought the Philips to slot in with old hi-fi which is 36cm wide, other players too wide as far as I can see - unless someone knows different, of course.
All help gratefully received.
Ta

alan_t

Established Member
alan29 said:
Have got a Philips 3005 going into Samsung 26" LCD - the HD one sold by Currys, can't remember the model number. I eventually worked out how to get Progressive Scan working. Problem is that the colours keep flickering between normal and green-tinged. Doesn't happen so much on RGB scart. Didn't happen at all with old Tosh DVD player. Anyone got any ideas what is going on?
Bought the Philips to slot in with old hi-fi which is 36cm wide, other players too wide as far as I can see - unless someone knows different, of course.
All help gratefully received.
Ta

you will find that its the lcd screen thats has the prob.
go into the lcd section, and theres plenty of posts about it.

alan29

Prominent Member
Thanks for the reply. Had a look at the threads, but they don't get me any further. The problem is only with the Philips player, and didn't happen with the Toshiba I had before. That suggests it is a player problem and not a screen one.
Ta
Alan

tujax

Established Member
Double check the components connections, and if everything is ok, you should consider exchanging that unit by a new replacement. Probably it has some fault chip or bad contacts on board.

alan_t

Established Member
alan29 said:
Thanks for the reply. Had a look at the threads, but they don't get me any further. The problem is only with the Philips player, and didn't happen with the Toshiba I had before. That suggests it is a player problem and not a screen one.
Ta
Alan

its possibly i guess...though alot of peepz with the samsung screen, was getting similar green flashes with the xbox360 conected via component.

i would make a post in the lcd section, saying about the green issues, just to eliminate if it is the screen or not.
i think they call it "tearing".

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom