Flickering NEC LT260

R

Ryot

Fellow Geeks,

I am seeking some much needed and urgent help.

My Church has a NEC LT260 Long throw projector which has started to act up to the point it can no longer be trusted.

First the colours start playing up, Whites become Greens etc, then after a minute or so the projector starts flickering with flashes of color. The problem I have is that some times it lasts a couple of hours before this happens and other times its within 5 minutes.

I do think there is a connection between the heat in the building and the length of time before it starts playing up however I have cleared out the fans and they do seam to be operating just fine.

Does any one have any suggestions on what the problem may be, I have e-mailed NEC and there suggestion was to try different bulb, well I just don't have a £250-300 bulb lying around to test with, and I really cant spend that kind of money if it is not going to solve my problem, however we do heavily rely on this projector and am needing to resolve this as soon as I can, even if it means the the projector is at the end of its life (probably about 7 years old)

Any Comments would be ace
Ryot

Hello,

I am having problems with my lt260, although not the same as yours. I am assuming the bulb has gone on mine.
I went on ebay and searched for lt260. There was a person selling 2 bulbs with 30% life remaining for £30 each. I made an offer of £23.50 for one of them and won. It may be worth trying the same. The bulb may not last long, but it will indicate whether this is the problem, before buying new.

Good luck

Chris

What's the image source to the projector?

As it's a long-throw, is it at some distance from the source, with long cables or amplifiers between?

Alex.

Thanks Chris for your suggestion, it may be something I end up trying. However it has been recomended to me that since the projector is changing colour the bulb should not be the source of the problem but is more likly to be bad soldering on the input or a dodgy cable.

Ryot

Alex,

Thanks for your responce, the Projector is connected to various laptops (one at a time) which are connected using a 2m VGA cable.

Ryot

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom